In this edition of the Peer Education Series, by Notary Coach, Denton County's Best Notary for 2018/19 is back again, sharing her heart, hacks, and resources, for making her business run smooth and efficient.
Details From April San Miguel
First – THANK YOU to everyone who joined the webinar, I’m so excited that lots of folks got motivated, learned new tips/tricks & are eager to learn more!
Here’s my favs & what has worked for me – please keep in mind this may not work for all & I’ve learned all of this by trial & error, you tube video’s, facebook groups, local notary public’s, training classes – Sign & Thrive/Notary Coach (Bill is AMAZING & so inspiring) & more
GOOGLE KEEP – https://keep.google.com
• Note pad (LOVE this & use everyday – great for setting reminders, “canned” messages, add a picture to a note – tons of uses and it’s simple
GOOGLE VOICE (GV) - https://voice.google.com/
• phone number for your business (I’ve had mine now for a year & I LOVE GV)
• Forward Calls to personal number – now you know when your call is for a notary gig
• Archive all calls, messages, voice mails to keep for reference
• Text messaging – I use “canned” responses that I’ve set up in Google Keep where I copy and paste
“Thank you for calling Denton Notary to GO
What type of document do you need notarized today?
What time and where? “ – keep it short & sweet
GOOGLE MY BUSINESS (GMB) - https://www.google.com/business/
• Business “website” for google search & google maps **I don’t have a website that I pay for all the business I get is from GMB, networking, referrals, dropping off business cards
o Verify your business
o Post pictures (geo-tag to your business) & ask (Google encourages you to do this but don’t offer something “free” or discount if you ask for reviews – Yelp DOES NOT encourage you to ask for reviews) regularly (look at NP’s your area most typically don’t post pics or have many reviews – both of these help you rank higher SEO – you want to get in the “local 3 pack”
“Thank you for choosing Denton Notary to GO today!
Google (or YELP or Facebook) reviews help my small business grow.
If you were happy (or not) with my services today & would like to write a review…..”
- I sometimes put all three places I want reviews to give my customer’s choices b/c they may not want to write on Google but will on Yelp..
• Keep good records of all your transactions – I just use an excel spreadsheet
• Once I confirm an appt – I will send a text (GV) with the customer’s name, location, document type & fee so that I will have this as a record from GV in text messaging
• For marketing – yes & no – my thoughts you will never know NO until you ask – drop off your cards to “tabo” places – banks, fed ex, office centers, office max/depot – why – because if any of these places are great at customer service they will always want to provide the best to their customers so if they can’t do a notary they want to make sure they can provide something to their customer 😉
• Take pics of you doing a notary for your social media and websites (cover all private info) so people will see the pic & realize oh notary’s travel?
• Video’s are the buzz & not going away – record quick video’s (like Bill does 😊) – don’t worry about sound – most of us have ours turned off b/c we are at work ect – so make videos that you don’t need sound
• Research, research, research – there’s tons of “experts” so take everything you see “with a grain of salt”
These are the top three things I did when I started my mobile notary business & after that I was up and running learning along the way everyday 😊
#1 – Get GMB verified ASAP
#2 – Get Google Voice
#3 – market yourself – web, local, social, network
#4 – HAVE FUN……. Your in this b/c you love customer service & by giving your business all that you got you will have loyal customers who want to rave about you & write reviews!!
For more information, visit http://www.notarycoach.com